It’s Sunday, so you know what that means… its Download Day! If you are anything like us, you like to stay updated with all the latest music, and weekends are a time to beef up your iTunes with the weeks finds. Because of this, each weekend we throw together a quick 6 song mix, that we like to call “#NextWeeksNewBeats” to show you all what we are listening to currently, and hopefully give you some suggestions on some songs you can add to your own playlists! Each week will incorporate different writers so you get an wider scope to try!
#NextWeeksNewBeats (Volume #3) by Hospey
1. YONAS – Night Is Young: Oh YONAS. The king of being a jack-of-all-trades returns with an awesome original track called “Night Is Young” off of next Tuesday’s #GoingPlaces, 5 song EP. “Night Is Young” is an instant addition to any summer playlist, and features the classic YONAS sound, incorporating hip-hop with a digital footprint backing it. We have the honor of chatting with YONAS for a short bit this week ahead of the drop and god some awesome new info about the project, so look for that piece to drop very soon! If you dig the track go support the EP on iTunes, now!
2. Juicy J – Tryna Fuck ft. Drake & Ty Dolla Sign: The hook goes like this, and it has Drake in it… pretty much the blueprint for a summer heat-seeker:
“All this weed in my system ain’t helpin’,
And this drank got you lookin’ so good,
I got some mollys in my hand, I might take one,
And after I finish what’s in my cup,
You know I’m tryna love you,
All these drugs make me wanna love you,
Okay, okay, okay.”
3. Major Lazer – Powerful ft. Ellie Goulding & Tarrus Riley: My personal favourite song right now. This is the type of song that makes you want to be a huge susboi and call up that girl you’ve been talking too, and tell her that you want to break all of the cuffing-season rules and have a summertime wifey, and that this is going to be the song you will cut too on a frequent basis. A little Ellie FTG, and the Tarrus comes in a really put the “Powerful” exclamation mark on the track; wonderful. (This isn’t the best quality version, I suggest finding a CDQ to do this song full justice).
This one comes off of the new Major Lazer album, Peace Is The Mission”, that drops next week, so look out for my full review on that album this week, and I strongly recommend accidentally clicking this link that maybe will lead you to a possibly non-legal free DL link to hear the full album, here. *kermit face*
4. Diplo & GTA – Bitch Better Have My Money (REMIX): Hype + Hype = Hype². Personally I haven;t been super impressed with this whole Jack U project between Diplo and Skrillex so far, and with the same token I feel like this was another RiRi song that got a little too gassed up. BUT with that said, Diplo and GTA killed this remix IMO, and made this track very clean. Not too overdone, listenable enough that it doesn’t get old after 3 times. Definitely download day material.
5. TWO FRESH. – Gettin’ Throwed ft. Towkio & Joey Purp: On the very likely chance that I have super basic taste and you’ve heard most of the songs on this weeks mix already, this is the one that is most likely to be one that you haven’t heard yet, and is sure to impress. Recently you can’t talk about industry takeovers without mentioning the #SAVEMONEY clique, and LA producer duo Two Fresh enlist 2 #SAVEMONEY spitters for their new drugged-out track, “Gettin’ Throwed”. As the title suggests this one is all about when that perfect kush high hits. The production value on this one is admittedly through the roof, and Purp of the Leather Corduroys steals the track in terms of bars.
6. Lido x Brasstracks – Four Five Seconds (Brass Cover): If you got the chance to check out the new RLGT “Shmacked Summer” mix yet (if you haven’t because you are off the grid hip, listen, here), you’ve have noticed Brasstracks sprinkled all over that mix, including this track, as well as one called “Panorama” as the final song. Brasstracks is another dope duo, with a Donnie Trumpet-esque sound, utilizing both a Trumpet and some Drums, and collabing with awesome producers to make awesome covers, and originals. Personally I wasn’t a huge fan of the original “Four Fire Seconds” song, so if that’s the case with you, I’m sure that this will help sway your opinion. And if not, well this is just too triumphant of an outro to miss out on!
—-LIKE REDLEAFGOLDTEETH ON FACEBOOK—-
Hope this helps you find a couple new tracks to bump to this week! Listen to what you like and you’ll be fine.
Two words, one love,
–Johnny Raquetball (Hospey)