It’s Sunday, so you know what that means… its Download Day! If you are anything like us, you like to stay updated with all the latest music, and weekends are a time to beef up your iTunes with the weeks finds. Because of this, each weekend we throw together a quick 6 song mix, that we like to call “#NextWeeksNewBeats” to show you all what we are listening to currently, and hopefully give you some suggestions on some songs you can add to your own playlists! Each week will incorporate different writers so you get an wider scope to try!
#NEXTWEEKSNEWBEATS (VOLUME #5) BY RAYMOND
Back to our normal programming, this week’s #NextWeeksNewBeats goes back to the original format following my response to Soundcloud’s future of paid subscription. Last week I expressed my wishes hoping that Soundcloud will continue to be an awesome platform for all types of artists to put their work out there in the world.
But that’s enough with that, if you want to read what I had to say about Soundcloud and check out last week’s playlist, then you can here. I wanted to supply you guys this week with some variety. From singing to rapping, and touching it off with some Mura Masa, this playlist has got everything to keep you in check for this upcoming week.
1. Asher Roth – That’s Cute: I haven’t heard much of Mr. Asher Paul Roth since his 2014 project RetroHash. I feel like this album didn’t get the attention it deserved; if you haven’t gotten the chance, please listen to it. Produced by Chuck Inglish, Roth offers us a fun little jam, that`s got a gnarly beat and keeping it catchy at the same time.
“That`s cute, that`s cute. I ain`t fuckin wit` you but that`s cute“
2. Allan Kingdom – Keep It Easy: Within the first few seconds, you could already tell that this song was going to be hype. This was my first time listening to Allan Kingdom since hearing about his involvement in Kanye West`s “All Day“. It seemed like Kanye has been recently influenced by these younger cats who carry a lot of energy like Allan. I feel like he`s still got some learning to do, but this banger is not a bad start.
3. Mura Masa – Miss You: Now I know this song doesn`t seem like it fits with the rest of the tracks, but it give it chance. I`ve enjoyed Mura Masa ever since I started listening to him. His tracks are magical, they are beautiful, and sometimes just indescribable. This song, along with his other works always have this tendency to bring me into some creative realm. With all the complexity that goes in every single of of his tracks, it`s no wonder that I feel that way.
4. JNTHN STEIN – Mind Soul Body: Here`s one for the `conscious rapper` lovers. Emotions are heavy on this one. Referencing drugs and dreams, JNTHN STEIN expresses the human body in an interesting way with some help from S`natra and Jafe. I suggest you close your eyes and experience the vibes that this song resonates.
5. blackbear – 〴⋋_⋌〵: How do you even get pass naming your song that??? If you’re going to name it something like that, then it better be good. But have no fear, this is some good blackbear. Yes I don’t really like a lot of his work, so hearing this was quite refreshing. I had also previously featured blackbear on the first #NextWeeksNewBeats with a track off of his album Deadroses. Hope you like this one of blackbear.
6. Slim – Hold On: There’s two things that attracted me to this song. 1) Production by Sango, 2) a Soundcloud repost from Raury’s account. Conclusion: this song is niiiiicceeeeeee.
Not much is known about Slim, but his Souncloud bio explains it best. I hope I get to hear more from him, because I’m diggin’ it.
Stone Mountain Georgia’s 19 Year Old Artist “Slim” of the Collective “The808sWay” #T8W… I make good/real music. If you relate and love real music, support me. “I want to prosper as an artist, just as bad as I want to breathe” – Slim
I hope you enjoyed this week’s #NextWeeksNewBeats. The RLGT team tries their best to supply you with the latest and the dopest music out there. Stay tuned for next week as we explore the internet once more and give you the good stuff.