“The only thing I fear is a headshot or a screenshot”
If you have come across this post you are probably slightly familiar with the ongoing situation. In short, earlier today (June 21, 2015), Meek Mill went on a full “no chill” Twitter rant, going on about a multitude of things, with the biggest being some shots at fellow rapper Drake. Most specifically that Drake “don’t write his raps!”, and that his ghostwriter is actually a dude by the name of @Quentin__Miller, or Quentin Miller. Out of no where, the likes of OG Maco and other began suggesting that they knew of this as well, and we’re just waiting for the news to break (complete with Kermit faces and all).
Miller (black toque), hanging out with Drake and the OVO crew, in early 2015.
But realistically, what we should all be wondering is… who the hell is Quentin Miller? After a little research, here’s what I have been able to find out.
- Q. Miller has been listed in the credits of many of Drake’s tracks, especially on his latest album, IYRTITL.
- According to KTT, Miller started being spotted with the OVO crew about 7 months ago, and even received his own owl chain (the signature OVO piece). Initial impressions were that he might be Drake’s latest signee.
- He was gifted with a beat from Boi-1da (one of Drake’s go-to producers) for his latest project, Hey! Thanks A Lot 2, which dropped about 6 months ago. The project features a lot of similar, Drake-low bars. Stream below and judge for yourself (specifically track 3, 4, and 6)
- Supporters are implying that he is credited, so he is not in fact a ghost writer, while the naysayers claim that Miller writes a majority of Drake’s bars.
- His entire Soundcloud library was deleted shortly after appearing with OVO (it should be noted that this has been a common occurrence for OVO signee’s, to “start fresh”).
- He is 1/2 of an Atlanta group called the “WDNG Crshrs”, who also dropped a tape, about 5 months ago.
- He is fairly known by quite a few Atlanta artists and figures, including producer Cardo, who recently plugged his album on Twitter.
- His music has been featured on multiple music news sites, most notably 2DopeBoyz & Complex (none of them mentioning him as Drake’s writer)
- This, is his hulkshare account, which contains tracks with samples that didn’t clear on Soundcloud.
—-LIKE REDLEAFGOLDTEETH ON FACEBOOOK—
So basically what I uncovered… was nothing really. This dude is just as mysterious as seems. The reason you haven’t heard of him frankly, is because well, not many people have. Outside of the ATL it seems Quentin Miller is pretty unknown, but the fact that he has been considered elite enough by this entire OVO crew comes across as quite random. A few parts of the story don’t seem to connect just yet, but hopefully in the coming days, more will discovered.
Keep it locked to RLGT for all of the latest in 2015’s version of a hip-hop beef (no actual diss tracks *yet*, just 140 characters and screenshots”